Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
The BYB staff looks at the week in baseball news from a Tigers perspective.
We’re back with our latest episode as the 2019 season mercifully enters its final weeks. Brandon Day and Ashley McLennan survey some of the disappointing starts for the Tigers callups this year, and advise everyone to chill just a bit. We’ll also check in with our favorite former Tigers, and look at the fallout from the Boston Red Sox surprise firing of Dave Dombrowski.
- The young Tigers have been a disappointing group, but there’s nothing to do but be patient with them. We spend most of the first hour discussing the youth movement, the immediate future, and whether or not the Ilitch family has a plan other than waiting to sell the team.
- The Tigers and Athletics caused Baseball Reference to blow a fuse.
- Justin Verlander had a wild couple of weeks, for both good and bad reasons. We’ll breakdown the Verlander kerfuffle with Freep writer Anthony Fenech, and Verlander ’s savvy PR move in throwing his third no-hitter in the aftermath.
- Nick Castellanos is blooming like a desert flower in the love of Cubs fans.
- Dave Dombrowski someone gets himself fired in Boston, and no one wants to talk about it.
Intro: “Let’s Save Tony Orlando’s House” -Yo La Tengo