So much for a Colorado Avalanche team struggling to score without two members of their top line. The team exploded for six second period goals last night to down the Nashville Predators 9-4, but did lose another few bodies to injury. While we wait for news on Nathan MacKinnon ’s precautionary removal, the rest of the league is preparing for the weekend action. As always, we’ll keep track of all the minor moves right here.
- Last night the Detroit Red Wings sent Joe Hicketts back to the minor leagues, ending his short run in the NHL. The 23-year old defenseman averaged just over 18 minutes a game in four contests, but will have to wait for his next opportunity at the highest level.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled veteran forward Andy Andreoff while loaning Mikhail Vorobyev back to the minor leagues. Andreoff, 28, hasn’t played in the NHL since the 2017-18 season with the Los Angeles Kings, but does have seven points in 10 games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
- After clearing waivers, Tomas Jurco and Nic Petan have both been assigned to the minor leagues by their respective teams. Martin Marincin has avoided that fate for the time being, though the Toronto Maple Leafs are still expected to clear a few more bodies before Zach Hyman returns next week.
- Otto Koivula is back up from the minor leagues for the New York Islanders, which could mean their injured forwards aren’t quite ready to return just yet. Jordan Eberle and Leo Komarov both practiced in regular jerseys today, but aren’t guaranteed to be ready for tomorrow’s afternoon game.
- Jalen Chatfield has received his first call-up of the season and is on his way to join the Vancouver Canucks. The 23-year old defenseman has yet to make his NHL debut and will serve as insurance for Chris Tanev who is dealing with injury.
- Kyle Capobianco has been sent back to the AHL, meaning Jordan Oesterle may be ready to go for the Arizona Coyotes. The 22-year old Capobianco has to be used to this by now after being involved in six transactions since the start of the season.
- Gavin Bayreuther has been recalled by the Dallas Stars, giving the team an extra defenseman as they deal with injuries on the back end. The 25-year old played 19 games for Dallas last season, scoring five points and recording 10 penalty minutes.