Fuller praised his former teammate in a brief interview on “Good Morning Football.”
While many of us are still struggling to say goodbye to Matthew Stafford —the Detroit Lions quarterback of the past dozen years—the blockbuster trade also comes the welcoming of a new quarterback. Jared Goff has his own set of accolades and accomplishments, and while his time in Los Angeles came to an abrupt and unceremonious end, his reputation is not completely squandered.
Earlier this week, Rams safety Jordan Fuller joined NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football” to give his reactions to the trade. Right off the bat, he mentioned how important Goff was to him and his career.
“Jared was a great teammate for me,” Fullers said. “He helped me along tremendously. Gave me different tips and stuff like that.”
Fuller, a sixth-round rookie in 2020, managed to start 12 games in his first NFL season and picked off three passes along the way.
He also found inspiration in his new quarterback, Matthew Stafford. Fuller stumbled upon the video clip of Stafford’s rookie season , in which he dislocated his shoulder against the Browns , but came back into the game to throw the game-winning touchdown.
“That was a really cool thing to see, and definitely somebody I’d love to play with. So, yeah, really excited to play with him.”
- Lions head coach Dan Campbell told MLive’s Kyle Meinke he doesn’t mind being called a meathead , and talked about how blue-collar rhetoric actually comes from a place of truth, seeing as he grew up on a cattle ranch.
- Justin Rogers of the Detroit News had a fantastic film breakdown of Jared Goff (behind paywall), highlighting his strengths and weaknesses. It also has some highlights via GIFs, including this sexy pass .
- Sheila Ford Hamp will take place in an NFL virtual forum on “Women’s career in football” Wednesday. Lions general manager Brad Holmes will also be a speaker there. More information here :
Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp & GM Brad Holmes will be featured speakers pic.twitter.com/IgDK21RlMr
— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) February 23, 2021
- Jeff Risdon of Lions Wire listed nine pass rushers the Lions should consider in free agency this year.
- The Lions teased an announcement regarding season tickets coming some time on Wednesday:
Been thinking about becoming a season ticket member? We’ve got something coming for you tomorrow. Stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/JYVvfU2tyD
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) February 23, 2021
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein talked to several long-time NFL quarterbacks , including Joe Namath and Matt Hasselbeck, to get a better understanding of what it’s like to leave a franchise after 10+ years—the kind of situation Matthew Stafford is going through right now.
- Rothstein also predicts the Detroit Lions will use the franchise tag on Kenny Golladay .