Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports
“I’m just happy,” Matt Patricia comments on the Lions’ defensive performance Sunday.
But it looks like they figured some things out during the bye week as the Lions defense held Jacksonville to just 44 rushing yards.
“The defensive line—I thought the front did a great job, the linebackers, and the D-line, and some of the (defensive backs) that were down in the box, we had a couple different looks for them, which I thought was good. I think those guys played aggressive,” head coach Matt Patricia said.
Part of the Lions’ strategy including containing rookie running back James Robinson , who had reached 12th in the league in rushing yards heading into Sunday.
“Jacksonville’s got a great run game. We know that. We talked about it all week and that was a big challenge for us. So I’m just happy – give credit to the players, they were the ones that did it out on the field,” Patricia said.
The Lions managed to hold Robinson to just 29 yards. Now, as of Sunday, the Lions have moved up to 29th in run defense. Hey, I’ll take it.
And onto the rest of your notes
- “The Lions might be feisty from here,” Albert Breer writes in this week’s Monday Morning Quarterback.
- Boy he had a heck of a game — a D’Andre Swift redemption piece from Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.
- The Lions released highlights from Sunday:
- Many Lions fans may be celebrating or even considering this a turnaround, but Shawn Windsor with the Freep thinks this win doesn’t mean a whole lot.
- An article from our friends at Big Cat Country on how a bettor made a $2 million parlay by betting in favor of the Lions.
- NFL.com called Swift’s airborne touchdown a “work of art” so that’s nice.
- Been a minute since Suh’s been around, but glad to know this still exists.