Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
If you can, please consider donating.
It turns out the Staffords aren’t the only Lions employees looking to help Detroit in any way during this time of crisis.
Detroit Lions running backs coach Kyle Caskey, along with his wife Kayla, have teamed up with local food bank Gleaners to create a “virtual food drive” to help those in economic need in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We’re living through some unprecedented times right now and there’s some families out there that are dealing with the threat of unemployment and some children that maybe aren’t receiving the meals that they usually would when they’re in school,” Caskey said in a video posted to Twitter . “So Kayla and I have partnered with Gleaners Community Food Bank to create a virtual food drive, since most of us can’t leave our houses right now.”
At the moment, their goal is $20,000, and per Gleaners’ website, “For every dollar donated, three meals will find their way to a needy family within our Southeast Michigan/Detroit neighborhoods.”
If you’re willing and able, please consider donating right here .
- Marvin Jones Jr. ’s son’s TikTok is fire:
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai just had a baby girl four days ago. He explained the extreme precaution that he and his family had to make in bringing up a newborn girl during a pandemic. Here’s a snippet from the Detroit News story :
“When my wife went into labor, we went to where the lobby is at,” Vaitai continued. “There was a table right there and there were a couple doctors and nurses there. They had to screen us every time I came in. They had to give you a new wrist band every time you came in. It was pretty crazy. It was a crazy moment. They basically kept the hospital empty unless you were scheduled or due to an emergency or something. That was a crazy moment. It was empty. I’ve never heard of a hospital empty.”
- South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw is apparently calling his draft-day shot on Twitter:
- Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com has a nice breakdown of how the NFC North has fared in Week 1 of free agency.
- Jamie Collins joined Tori Petry in her social-distancing Skype introductory interview series. Collins talks about why he came to Detroit—including his admiration for Matt Patricia—how he’s keeping busy during quarantine, and his aspirations to be on “American Ninja Warrior.”