This week on the Detroit Lions Breakdown podcast the guys recap the Lions Week 3 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, review the latest news from Allen Park and breakdown the Lions Week 4 game against the Kansas City chiefs, exploring the key matchups in the game.
The DLB podcast is a weekly conversation with Lions Wire’s own Erik Schlitt and his co-host Joe Kania. This week they discuss:
- Wednesday’s injury report
- Lions promote Marvin Hall to the active roster , cut Chris Lacy
- Lions add Lacy and Ray Smith to practice squad , release RB Nick Brossette and DE Jonathan Wynn
- Discussion the victory over the Eagles in Philadelphia
- Jamal Agnew’s redemption — 100-yard kick return for a touchdown
- Coach Matt Patricia showing trust sticking with Agnew
- Marvin Jones’ big day — Lions Wire’s player of the game
- Kerryon Johnson’s role increasing after release fo C.J. Anderson
- A conspiracy against Johnson with 8+ man boxes?
- Poor run blocking is due to a flurry of single mistakes
- Zero sacks allowed over the last two games
- Previewing the Chiefs
- Discussing their injuries to LT Eric Fisher, WR Tyreek Hill and RB LeSean McCoy
- Can the Lions
stopslow down Patrick Mahomes?
- There are weaknesses in the Chiefs defense
- Why timing their offensive aggressiveness will be critical
- … as will establishing the run game
- Examining the key matchups to a Lions victory
You can follow the Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast (@LionsBreakdown) and it’s hosts Schlitt (@Erikschlitt) and Kania (@JoeKania_DLB) on Twitter, with a Facebook page on the way.
The podcast is available to listen at the DetroitLionsBreakdown.com website and is available to download and subscribe on multiple podcast platforms, including Itunes, Google Play, Stitcher, among others.